Glove Make & Model : edge AW2

Cut :  Wybrid

Latex : 4.5 mm supreme gold contact

Internal Latex : No

Wrist Strap : single  wrap stretch strap

Wrist Entry : Bandage

Glove Body :  3D mesh, latex backhand with rubber punching zone

Finger Protection : Yes removeable,

Price : C$70 plus postage & packaging (approx. £40)

Where from : https://www.ecwid.com/store/edgegk/AW2-Wybrid-Cut-p94218351

Tech spec from edge Site

The AW2 glove is a superb masterpiece of design using technology to better suit your everyday game conditions. Choice of Supreme Contact or Quarz grip and a 3D Mesh construction. Get yours today!

Zipper locked removable finger spines
4.5mm palms with choice of latex (Supreme Contact-Quarz)
3.5mm german latex backhand
3D Mesh construction
Wybrid Cut (roll-max) with folded fingertips
Single wrapped elastic wrist strap with 3D rubber logo and extended palm
Rubber Punching zone
Unique backhand ID window
Sizes 7 to 10

First Impressions

I think these are a bit of a marmite glove, you’ll either like them or loathe them looks wise. When I first saw the pics of these I wasn’t blown away in all honesty but thankfully they do look much better in the flesh.Fit wise these are true to size, I know some people found the sizing to be off in the previous range. Feel wise they do feel very well made. The only thing I didn’t like was the extended palm as I felt it bunched up quite a bit and felt clumsy, this is just my general feeling on extended palms, I don’t really like them so I cut it off. On peeling the film off the palm they were good to go so I didn’t bother to pre wash, just dampened them before my game and off I went.

Use

They have been used 8 times all on astro in both wet and dry conditions. In a mix of 11 and 7 a side games. I’ve found this version of the supreme contact to be quick a thirsty latex, it dries out very quickly and needs to be kept damp to be at it’s best. When kept like this it really is excellent in the dry, in the wet the grip drops ever so slightly as you would expect but is still good. The 4.5 mm latex gives great shock absorption without feeling clumsy/ bulky. The durability has been excellent with a little abrasion on the palm which is purly down to mu technique, there is no colour fade, popped stitches or anything else I could knock any marks off for.

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks 6.5 (Not to everyones taste but they are original)

Fit 9

Build Quality 8 a couple of marks off just for the extended palm bunching up

Dry Grip 8.5

Wet Grip 7.5

Durability 8

Overall  7.92

Conclusion

Well what can you say about these, I think edge as a brand are very good, from the very get go Martin has been original and innovative design wise, I think each of his ranges have been an improvement on the last which is what it should be like, constantly striving to improve. This particular model are very good and I have enjoyed wearing them, I would recommend them. The price translates to approx £40 which definitely puts them in the higher end of the independent brands but I still say they give good value for money. I have just received a pair of the new Silver Model with quartz latex which I am really looking forward to trying.

Pictures

Link to photobucket album

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/superstar_tradesmanp100/library/Edge AW2