Colmster

Glove addiction

So just wondering on average how many pairs of gloves you guys buy per year?

Despite only playing intermittently these days, i have somehow acquired a ridiculous stash in the last 6 or 7 years, mainly due to the internet availability and increased choices compared to when i was younger. It's got to the stage where i would have enough to play for a couple of lifetimes so my buying has definitely got out of hand and with bills on the increase, i feel i really need to scale back the buying. So hard though.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm in a similar boat, I buy multiple pairs per year. But instead of holding them, will generally sell them on if I don't like the feel etc.  In almost every case use the ones I keep.

I buy some just for collection purposes but that's an indulgence i can't really afford 😂

I'm in the same boat as you Colm although I am playing a bit more regularly and actually going to train with a team tomorrow who are trying to coax me out of retirement(again) lol so may have a splurge again soon lol

On 3/29/2018 at 1:38 PM, Colmster said:

Ha ha, let the buying commence!

Yip I'm out of retirement again, more comebacks tha Rocky Balboa and Cher put together

So i was quite disciplined for a while there but have ordered 3 pairs of gloves in the last month or so , despite not having played in 2019 yet! Two pairs of Puma and a pair of Seismics. Tempted by the new Mc Gregor Kaliaaer model too..

I just cannot help buying gloves. I don't even need gloves, yet I see new ones and I am like, must buy! 🤤🤤🤤

13 minutes ago, Colmster said:

What's on  your radar, Bucks?

Nothing for now. Although having seen some of the Adidas boots colourways coming out later this year, I am intrigued to see how they translate into gloves. Although I am only really interested if they make the Hybrid models and so far of the three 2019 colourways only the first have made it to a Hybrid so we shall see.

I tend to sway towards Flat palms these days and most small brands seem to be more interested in Neg, Roll or Hybrids. Can't beat a trusty flat.

Ha, despite growing up in the flat palm era, i tend to steer clear, don't like the loose feel of them and the twisting on the pinky finger

19 minutes ago, Colmster said:

Ha, despite growing up in the flat palm era, i tend to steer clear, don't like the loose feel of them and the twisting on the pinky finger

It really does depend on the brand I think. There's a reason I am so into Reusch these days, struggle for sizing in flats from One Glove, Nike, Puma and Uhlsport.

I can live with a Reusch flat with spines. Would like to try the duo models too

Not the best picture I admit, but Kevin Trapp today was wearing the next Adidas colourway to go with a bunch of Silver boots they are bringing out in June. August's release which I will also be keeping an eye out for sees the Predator Boots in a pale blue and black colourway so I imagine the Predator gloves will also see that colour too.

20190505-192608.jpg

I really wish adidas would release more of this new cut. Pretty much 100% of their pros now use it (De gea and Neuer the exception)

In terms of being addicted to glove, I would say I buy maybe 5 pairs a season or so. I play mainly 7 aside now so the gloves get beaten up a little more than normal. 

Currently i'm using the HO supremo Negative and Reusch world keeper with the G2 latex. Recently in the post i received a pair the F-line fusion (strange looking glove but feels nice) F-Line Euro promo (Black and white like Peter Schmeichels old reusch) and the new KA Extension glove.   

I thought they were as they made the Team Mode pack in the Hybrid and then the Initiator pack, but the last two they haven't made the hybrid in weirdly.

Next time they release them I will give them another try. The pair I had fit nice but the latex on the 2018 Predators was absolutely dreadful, the URG is so much better.

On 05/05/2019 at 8:13 PM, The Dazzler99 said:

I really wish adidas would release more of this new cut. Pretty much 100% of their pros now use it (De gea and Neuer the exception)

In terms of being addicted to glove, I would say I buy maybe 5 pairs a season or so. I play mainly 7 aside now so the gloves get beaten up a little more than normal. 

Currently i'm using the HO supremo Negative and Reusch world keeper with the G2 latex. Recently in the post i received a pair the F-line fusion (strange looking glove but feels nice) F-Line Euro promo (Black and white like Peter Schmeichels old reusch) and the new KA Extension glove.   

Not seen them on proper British sites yet, but Keepersport.co.uk are taking pre orders on the new Silver Adidas gloves with the Hybrid cut in both the URG 1.0 and 2.0 forms if you are interested.

csm_ADY6893_648dd41da7.jpg

csm_ADY2617_8983717ac1.jpg

Not too sure why they have a different design. The previous ones had the same design on both models.