Sign in to follow this  
The Joker

The Joker Returns!

Well well well!

Hard to believe i was a regular poster here many moons ago circa 2010-11 ish! Back in the era of General Zod, not sure if he's still active, and a core group of others, one of who's name is Jack, not sure again if he's still active.

So to cut a long story short i used to play regularly, all through school and college then all of a sudden life got in the way as it tends to do. Unfortunately i started working as a Greenkeeper on a golf course which was great until the weekends kicked in, couple that with waking up at 4:30 each morning and my motivation to play any thing died away!

5-6 years later at the ripe old age of 23, i am now a suit wearing office dweller with weekends off and evenings not being spent being asleep by 8:30.

So i've decided to pull the gloves back on and play again, getting myself back in the gym, eating much better and feeling a lot more motivated to play again!

I don't have a team yet but there are many local teams at Midland Football league prem, div 1, 2 and 3 that i could certainly hold my own in, even after a few years out.

I'm starting training, this thursday actually, with a local sunday league side just to ease back into it and get a feel for balls again ;)

I have one question for anyone else who's had a long break (over a year) how hard/easy was it to come back? I don't expect to be the standard i was back in t' day straight away but how long did it take you to get back?

Happy i remembered my original login!

The Joker is back!

Thanks, Chief!

In all honesty i think having a bit of time away has helped me want to play again because i certainly miss it and want to play whilst i'm still young and able (ish)

To quote my old man "you're a long time retired play whilst you can" although he only hung his boots up 2 years ago aged 50 so hopefully i'll still have a long career ahead of me!

Glad to be back!