Glove Make & Model : GluPro Neo Punch - sample release 2018

Cut : Ergo

Latex : e.g 4mm Super Aqua

Internal Latex : no

Wrist Strap : double lock latex embossed strap.

Wrist Entry : bandage

Glove Body : neoprene

Finger Protection : yes removable

Price : £25 delivered to your door Currently End of season sale! £14.99

Where from : https://glupro.com

Out of the pack this palm always needs a good 2 pre washes to remove chemicals from the palm.. My experience with this latex is to do that and bring the glove to life… Your good to go..

I think this is a really nice looking glove. I am a fan of Glupros logo it looks really nice on the backhand. On this glove it's moved to one side and is printed onto the neoprene base in white along with a small piece of artwork printed in gold. It may not be to everyone's taste but I really like its simplicity.

The ergo cut is fast becoming a favorite of mine. With the two middle fingers rolled only at the tips with mesh ventilation and the index and pinky fingers are rolled down the finger. This cut gives a snug claw like feel. 

UseT

hese have been used in two 11 a side games on turf 10 coaching sessions on turf wet and dry and hard and 6 1 hour long 7 aside games on astro turf 3 on wet days.

They do indeed install confidence within the goalkeeper. The shock absorption is great but not to much padding allowing a natural feel.

They are fantastic in the wet which is a great thing we all hate a slippery ball and the palm will exceed other contact and giga palms even in the dry, if kept damp.

The feel as I personally think with all glupro gloves is natural. Great gloves to coach in and for goalkeepers being coached.

Looks 8-10

all though again not a complex design I do really like the look of this glove. The embossing is lovely and simple printed features I think are classy. Also its good to see a nice chunky latex wrist strap.

Fit 7-10

I have to say I'm normally in most big brand gloves I am a 10… and I find with glupro even with the spines in a 9 is fine… i have a feeling that with this brand there's  not much difference between a 9 and a 10.

Build Quality 7-10

Really well made.. Backhand latex has had colour wear.. I'm always OK with this.. Its normally washing along with wear that creates this.. And on a softer nicer backhand latex (that's  not a dumbo) that performs better and is grippier the colours do start to fade.

You will see how many games I have played and I do wash after every game.

Stitching is good and everything enforced well in its place.. I always seem to find what I call a wobble in most gloves stitching.. And there are couple here.. Where a line of stitching seems a bit off. But nothing to effect the strength and durability of the glove.

Dry Grip 7-10I

f kept slightly damp.. easily… there are obviously some exceptional dry weather contact, giga extra palms… so and 8 would be to high. 

Wet Grip 9 - 10A

great wet weather palm - do wipe and squeeze your hands on a very muddy pitch.. If your gloves you and the ground are sodden this will always help. Dirt on any palm will effect grip.

Durability 7-10

It's a supersoft aqua palm but with good technique a great wearing palm. Fingertips are showing expected catching wear.. And a few marks due to some palms on the ground… doing up shorts laces ect… it's a 4mm latex and even when it does wear maintains it's high level of grip.

Overall 7.5

Conclusion

I love these I have to say. I've used a lot of neoprene body gloves by big brands and always found them to feel flimsy and unprotective .  This is where glupro have got it right the neoprene is thick and supportive. This glove has sustenance which I really like… Without the spines the embossed latex punch zone on the back of the fingers does provide that extra support on the backhand for your fingers on powerful shots.. It's been very well placed and again I like the embossing.

The spines in all glupro gloves are one piece flexible spine with the tape across the back.. I know there are people that dislike these spines… But for someone who dislikes spines anyway I find these fit perfectly into the glove and remain very flexible and not rigid… Something again I like. I tend to use them every now and then now due to old finger injuries.

To try and get to the point here the Super Aqua Latex that is being used by GluPro is exceptionally good. And the ergo cuts fantastic keepers I coach like the way this cut creates the claw like  catching feeling..

Now I have found this latex to be extremely durable in the past on other glupro gloves…

I had a pair that lasted 2 whole seasons and with a fantastic year of good technique they were excellent… Palm wear is all relative (I ripped a supersoft palm to bits with, a bad dive on a dry hard pitch just the other day lol) an aqua palm is normally going to be a soft one… And glupros is no exception to this rule.

But washed after use properly and kept in the right condition these palms remain extremely tacky… Even with wear..  

For the price exceptional value. 

Please do check my funkretch Goalkeeper glove Facebook for pictures and info on many gloves. 

https://www.facebook.com/Funkretchgoalkeeper/

See pictures of the Neo punch by clicking the link below. 

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/funkretchdesign1/library/GluPro Neo punch