Sign in to follow this  
fraserb

OneGlove GEO Typhoon Review

OneGlove GEO Typhoon Review

Glove Make & Model : GEO Typhoon Goalkeeper Gloves

Cut :  Negative

Latex : 4mm Black Contact

Internal Latex : No

Wrist Strap : Latex with an elastic mid split infused section with window for personalization

Wrist Entry : Bandage

Glove Body :  Neoprene

Finger Protection : Removeable with lifetime warranty on the spines

Price : £37.99 plus postage & packaging

Where from : https://www.theoneglove.com/goalkeeper-gloves-c3/geo-typhoon-goalkeeper-gloves-p146

Description from Oneglove

Features

• 4mm black pro Contact latex

• Pre-curved Negative Cut

• MidSplit® strap

• Removable finger save spines with velcro easy-access

• Incredibly comfortable neoprene lining

• Stunning 3D embossed backhand

• Double-wrapped thumb

• Lifetime finger-spine warranty - your spines replaced for free

• Aqua green fade colour way

Description

Inspired by the best-selling GEO Tempest, the GEO Typhoon updates the pro proven design and spec with a new aqua/green colour-way with slick black detailing. Our Contact latex ensures pro grade all-weather grip, while our unique MidSplit® strap and neoprene lining deliver the most optimal level of comfort on hand - an absolute must for any goalkeeper. 

The Typhoon utilises a negative cut palm which is a snug fitting style suited for those who like a more "true" feel of the ball, additionally this model comes with removable finger save spines accessible through a quick-release hidden pouch. Not a finger save fan? A few seconds and they're gone.

First Impressions

Another stunner from the current  Oneglove range, it has to be one of my favourite glove designs on the market at the moment. This colourway works so well. They are a true to size glove without the spines in, with them in they are snug but not so snug I’d say to go up a size like you have to with some FP gloves. The black contact latex on these was good to go after just peeling the protective film off

Use

I have used these over a period of 6 or 7 weeks now 2 or 3 times a week, they have been used on dry astro, wet astro, muddy grass in matches & training. Using these I felt very confident even in the worst of weather/ conditions which once again for me debunks the myth that contact is poor in the wet. This in my opinion is the best coloured contact I have used. There is not a huge difference in the performance of the glove from dry to wet although they do need to be kept moist in the dry to get the best out them, it’s quite a thirsty latex which dries quickly so keep damping them during use. The 4mm foam gives the perfect balance shock absorption and  feel on the ball. Durabilty has been out of this world compared to some other gloves I am using at the moment, Just your typical finger tip wear you get with negs and a few nicks and grazes caused but the good old astro and rubbish Scottish pitches. I can’t comment on the finger protection as I never use spines, just can’t get on with them at all.  All in all a very comfortable glove that has been great to wear.

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks = 8.5

Fit - 8

Build Quality -  9

Dry Grip - 9

Wet Grip - 8

Durability – 9

Overall  -  8.58

Conclusion

Once again a true elite level glove for a bargain price, anyone still to try oneglove this would be a perfect glove to start with

Pictures

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/superstar_tradesmanp100/library/Oneglove Geo Typhoon