Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Wrist injury

Hello chaps. Before anyone says go and see your doctors, I have finally made an appointment to do so. Obviously whilst I wait I am intrigued to hear if anyone has had similar.

Played an indoor game about 6-7 weeks ago now. Made what I thought was a routine save yet my wrist really hurt. It was quite a hard shot but nothing I haven't dealt with before. Trouble is my wrist has been sore now ever since. I thought it might clear up in a week or so but as time has gone on it hurts less but it still hasn't healed, then I thought maybe I haven't sprained it but fractured it. I have trained with it and it can take shot impact without any real issues, a quick bit of pain but then fine. Where I seem to struggle is 1. Pushing up off of the floor after a save, or 2. trying to pull things like a door, then it really does hurt and my wrist actually feels quite weak like I have no strength to it.

It mainly hurts down from the bottom of my hand to about 1/4 of a way down my forearm on the bottom part below my thumb and it feels like a sort of pulling sensation. Anyone had similar?

Obviously I will let the doctor make the medical assessment but would be handy if someone has had similar so I know what to expect. I did read about a fractured scaphoid but surely if I had fractured it, it would hurt a lot more than it does? That's my big fear as I did read it can take 12 + weeks even over 6 months to heal.

Should mention after I done it I didn't play in Goal at all for 4 weeks to try let it heal but to no avail.

Because you mentioned a pulling feeling, I don't think you have broken a bone, but more torn a tendon/ligament, or some pressure on the carpal tunnel.

I hope its nothing serious. Goodluck.