Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Pope's Captor Pure

3 hours ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Thats a good spot! I think alot of the pro's use slightly altered versions of the hybrid. Kevin Trapp at Frankfurt looks to be different from the retail version. 

Would be interested to see how much $$ a company like adidas pay their goalkeepers. I bet De Gea, Neuer and Ter Stegen have pretty lucrative contracts. 

I remember Adam Sells talking about this on how his firm cannot compete with the likes of Adidas and Nike for $$ but offer their goalkeepers a much more hands-on and closer relationship than the big firms can offer. 

From what I have noticed of both Trapp and Ter Stegen their gloves are a bit more bulkier like a Fingertip model than the Hybrids still.

And De Gea wears Predator Pros but with a positive (flat) palm rather than the negatives.

I have spoken to Adam several times as we share a mutual love of Crystal Palace and yup you are pretty much correct, Sells are a big brand now but even they will just get outbid by the big sportswear brands like Adidas and Nike.

It's a shame for Pope's they have lost their biggest asset as they are good gloves but with Nübel going I do worry how they will get the brand "out there".

It's always the way with small firms, once their assets get some exposure the big boys step in and snap them up. 

Watching the games at the weekend I noticed Sells looked to have signed up Dean Henderson @ Sheffield United. Good coup by them! He looks a talent and with his personality and aggression I think he will do well this year! 

Shame Nubel left popes, he certainly looks a talent! Being a German and potentially signing for Munich in a year or so, its a given Adidas would have picked him up sooner rather than later. 

From the pictures I have seen of the Adidas hybrid cuts worn by pros, they seem to be very similar to the original Sells total contact gloves.

I think Pope's will be ok as having worn a few different pair of them they are very good quality gloves, only thing that might go against them is the KA gloves and One glove are slightly cheaper than them.

They are excellent gloves, but having worn one glove and KA, they are all on a par with grip and quality. One glove have excellent sales as do KA so this will keep them ahead.

4 hours ago, Schumacher86 said:

They are excellent gloves, but having worn one glove and KA, they are all on a par with grip and quality. One glove have excellent sales as do KA so this will keep them ahead.

I've used all three brands, and all are brilliant in their own way. The durability on all three is phenomenal that has to be said.

My only pointing personally would make is that I think the grip is better on Pope's. Maybe that is just me but I do find the grip on One Glove and Kaliaaer can fluctuate a bit, if that makes sense? So some weeks it can be outstanding and then the next I'm spilling simple holds.

I found the grip on the captor gloves excellent, but all the new models with the contact latex grip on a par with one glove and KA. Maybe I am wrong but the first edition of the captors might have been manufactured in a different factory?

The captors do a have a different latex. They seemed to have moved away from this and are only now focusing on the contact latex with the plastic cover, guess it sells better to the people who watch the silly instagram videos of gloves sticking to themselves straight out the packet and are impressed by it. 

100% agree. The latex on Captors was excellent, really solid grip all the time but agree with what you are saying on the contact latex, very appealing to some.

Not ending well with Nubel and Pope's

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/08/after-changing-to-adidas-bayern-munich-nubel-supplier.html

Seems a little poor on Nubels part to spring this on Popes. I can understand a business decision and no doubt Adidas can offer much much more. But on a human level you would think Nubel would give Popes a bit more respect given they are a tiny company and him leaving will have a bigger impact on popes than him joining adidas will to adidas. 

54 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Not ending well with Nubel and Pope's

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/08/after-changing-to-adidas-bayern-munich-nubel-supplier.html

Seems a little poor on Nubels part to spring this on Popes. I can understand a business decision and no doubt Adidas can offer much much more. But on a human level you would think Nubel would give Popes a bit more respect given they are a tiny company and him leaving will have a bigger impact on popes than him joining adidas will to adidas. 

I keep reading that people think Nübel will go to Bayern but for me I cannot see the sense in such a move. Neuer is still there, and still a top keeper and the Germany number one. What purpose would it serve for Nübel to go and sit on the bench at Bayern?

At Schalke or another club for that matter he has the chance to impress and get into the Germany squad. He's not going to do that sat on the bench behind the Germany number One is he?! 😕

It was actually pathetic on a Bundesliga YouTube video last week a comparison between the two and all people from places like China and Mozambique "Come to Bayern." Come to Bayern... 🤣 Glory supporters much?! I do worry about social media some times. Yes go to Bayern Alex, sit on the bench and stagnate for 4 years and never break into the national team. 🙄

I hate these bandwagon fans. Social Media is ruining football IMO. I especially hate all these instagram/youtube goalkeepers who come up with these silly training routines and people are amazed by it. Half these 'Goalkeepers' don't even play non league, let alone professional football. Anyone can look good in training and shooting drills, the real test is in game situations where it's unpredictable. The only one is the Modern Day GK. He actually plays/played professional football in Scotland and can back up the talk.  

Neuer had a decent preseason and looks to have got back to fitness following what seemed like 2 years of being injured or playing terrible. I guess Nubel should take a view this season. If neuer breaks down again then their is chance he could steal the No1 spot from him, if Neuer looks fit then Schalke will still offer him a big big contract or maybe he would get a move to Dortmund where he would instantly be number one as neither Burki or Hitz are any good. 

Nubel cannot really lose here IMO. 

20 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

I hate these bandwagon fans. Social Media is ruining football IMO. I especially hate all these instagram/youtube goalkeepers who come up with these silly training routines and people are amazed by it. Half these 'Goalkeepers' don't even play non league, let alone professional football. Anyone can look good in training and shooting drills, the real test is in game situations where it's unpredictable. The only one is the Modern Day GK. He actually plays/played professional football in Scotland and can back up the talk.  

Neuer had a decent preseason and looks to have got back to fitness following what seemed like 2 years of being injured or playing terrible. I guess Nubel should take a view this season. If neuer breaks down again then their is chance he could steal the No1 spot from him, if Neuer looks fit then Schalke will still offer him a big big contract or maybe he would get a move to Dortmund where he would instantly be number one as neither Burki or Hitz are any good. 

Nubel cannot really lose here IMO. 

I can't see Nübel going to Dortmund, being a Schalke boy.