Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Glove Sizing - Weird or not?

Just a quick post... I have worn size 7s for as long as I can remember now. Mainly because when I used to wear size 8s I found the wrist too big for me.

I know you might say well it's down to you what you like and how it fits etc... But is there a science behind sizing gloves? I ask as I say as I have worn size 7s for years but I found 3 methods for sizing gloves online today just to look and ALL THREE came out I should wear size 8 gloves. 😕

One even said you shouldhave room in your gloves (I know that goes against the whole idea of Roll Fingers and Negative Cuts), just wanted to see others opinions as it interested me that seemingly according to glove companies anyway I should be a size 8 despite many gloves being too big especially on the wrists.

It depends how you like your gloves to fit mate, the difference in sizing between some brands and in some cases between ranges of the same brand is unreal

I know... I'm just a little surprised all brands measuring that I tried out yesterday seemed to point to me being an 8. But I have worn size 7s for the best part of the last 9 years.