Sign in to follow this  
dombrowski32

Strange Issue with kicking

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice for how to solve this issue;

I would consider myself pretty good with my feet and able to pass well. I can hit my targets well from just about any range. I have no issue making clean contact with the ball, driving it, with pace, to my target. The only time I run into a problem is when there is no short, medium, or long option that is available, and I am forced to just launch a 50/50 ball up the field. For whatever reason. I never make clean contact on long goalkicks that are purposed for just getting the ball up the field. I am capable of kicking the distance, as I do it when I am targeting a person making a run down the side line. It may just be a mental thing, where I think to much during the run up or something. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. 

You sound like me. I think it's rushing basically as stupid as it sounds.

My team I am with now have been amazed with my kicking since we started playing friendlies as I was struggling with kicking at training mainly due to a similar issue. The pitch was too small so I was finding it difficult to find a decent range to kick so I kept rushing the kicks.

It does sound pretty similar anyway.

I do the same, regularly. For me, it comes from overthinking all aspects of the kick. From the run-up to the way I lean away from the ball. Just don't put too much thought into it and you'll be fine.

It's fair to say I won't be wearing my Adidas Predators anytime soon. I don't know what it is as they feel the same as my Ace 15.1s but I just can't seem to kick the ball as well with them, it's very odd.

Sometimes I have a similar issue. This past weekend, my kicking out of my hands was awful compared to my usual standard, I lumped the ball straight down the middle for their centre halves to gobble up. This happened three times in the first half but didn't happen at all in the second.

With age, I've been able to reflect and learn and minimise the amount of times that it happens as its pretty much a mental thing for me. When I think negatively or try to overthink any action then I tend to mess it up. 

Take two deep breaths before any kick, slow down your action and relax the whole process. with time and practice it will become second nature and you'll be able to perform the kick without thinking. 

• Like 1