Dicko

Nova Type 2: Spectre Goalkeeper Gloves

Glove Make & Model : OneGlove Nova Type 2 

Cut : Hybrid Cut – a rolled fingertip with gussets where the palm becomes a traditional flat palm at the base of the fingers

Latex : 4mm Pro Contact Latex

Wrist Strap : Mid-Split strap 

Wrist Entry : Traditional bandadge style wrist strap

Glove Body : Hex mesh body for ventilation

Finger Protection : Nope

Price : e.g £38.99 plus p&p

Where from : Available at a few places including www.great-save.comand www.theoneglove.com- I purchased mine from the latter

First Impressions

The gloves come with a plastic film on the palm, obviously this needs to be removed. The fit is very snug when first placed on the hand but you straight away notice the quality of the materials used within the glove. The cut creates a very snug feel and takes some getting used to so would recommend wearing these in a good warm up or two or even a couple training sessions before wearing them in a game.

Use

I have got two pairs of these gloves. The first pair has been worn approx 8-10 times on both grass and 4g surfaces. I wore them for a couple of pre season training sessions before I wore them in a game. Due to it being pre season and the ridiculously hot summer we had in England, these were worn in very warm conditions. The latex performed very well as you’d kind of at least expect for a contact latex in dry weather but what impressed me most was the durability and resistance to abrasion that the contact latex demonstrated. The second pair have been worn through the beginning of the season in a few training sessions and games and have held up well in damp conditions. I haven’t been able to use these in really wet conditions yet but due to them being a contact foam, I suspect the grip will decrease as it slightly did when they were used in light rain. 

The foam backing and internal materials in the glove give a very nice cushioned feel when catching the ball. As mentioned before, the cut gives an unusual feel if you’re not used to it but after a few uses it feels very nice around the ball. The tips of the fingers roll around the fingers and are stitched onto the backhand as per a roll traditional roll finger cut glove but the hybrid element of these gloves is that the base of the fingers is a more traditional flat palm with a mesh gusset. The thumb wrap adds a nice fit and feel to the thumb.

The gloves feature a rubber punch zone across the backhand that add a small amount of protection and extra feel for the ball when punching away crosses or shots. The punch zone is not restrictive at all and still allows full flexibility throughout the backhand. 

The mid-split stretch strap is a nice touch. It has held up well to my persistent strapping and unstrapping of my gloves and gives a nice supportive feel around my wrist. 

Ratings (out of 10)

Looks – 7/10 – Very nice looking glove and the constellation camo adds a detail not seen in other gloves at a similar price point

Fit – 9/10 – near perfect fit. Very comfortable gloves that true to size in my usual size 10

Build Quality – 10/10 – no stitching or faults at all so far so can not fault them.

Dry Grip – 9/10 – can’t fault them too much. Quite a thirsty latex so keep a bottle of water handy but otherwise very very good.

Wet Grip – cant comment entirely, in the damp grip dropped slightly to 7/10

Durability – very good so far, 9/10 for abrasion. Grip has faded somewhat but abrasion resistance is still good.

Overall 8.5/10 – Very good gloves. The price isn’t included within the ratings but I suspect that these will rate highly compared to gloves from the bigger brands available. A very solid glove.

Conclusion

Would happily recommend these to people as a very good match glove. Worn across many leagues and standards of football and they hold their own in a very competitive market. One of the most progressive brands out there at the moment. 

For Images of the gloves - https://photos.app.goo.gl/JcmDZ1kZDoWC61F79. - The gloves that have a more grey looking palm are the pair that have been worn numerous times. The other pair still have flecks of grass on them and have been worn 2-3 times

I had the Nova Type 1. I really wanted to like them but they just seem like they were jinxed gloves for me.

I also wanted to like the cut but something just didn't feel right about it for me. Same with a similar pair of KAs I got recently.