Bucks13

Reusch

Has anyone used Reusch lately? How are they?

Decided to pick a pair up as they were £35 off for the Duo G3s. Worth a go at that price. Last pair of Reusch I had was 2007!!! Black, Silver and Lime Green Goaliator Pro G1s. Awesome grip, tore up like a bitch though.

Screenshot_20181120-104651_Google.jpg

I bought the Gloves in a 7.5 originally but the palm felt a bit short so I ordered the 8 before returning them, the 8 fits exactly the same length, and is only about 0.3 inches wider. The big difference is how much baggier the wrist bandage is.

Glad I ordered the 8 first before returning the 7.5, the length issue isn't a game changer and rather have the tighter fitting glove. Cant believe they are the same length though.

Has anyone tried the Reusch X1 latex before? I hadn't but picked these up in a Sale last week, RRP £80.

20190409-134215.jpg
die roler

Slightly irked though, the wrist bandage has no pull loop, the little tabs at the bottom of the side are so small you literally can't use those to help pull the glove on, and there is no rubber tab on the wrist strap, just the end is coloured black to look like there is one.

Admittedly I only bought them to try out the latex which I have never used, but for £80 as a normal price I was kind of expecting a bit more for my money.

Hi Bucks, I wore the serathor X1 Rolls but wasn't impressed with latex, I heard good things about it but I found it average, wore in damp conditions was good but when I wore in an absolute down pour in took them off after 10 mins.

On 10/04/2019 at 3:17 PM, Schumacher86 said:

Hi Bucks, I wore the serathor X1 Rolls but wasn't impressed with latex, I heard good things about it but I found it average, wore in damp conditions was good but when I wore in an absolute down pour in took them off after 10 mins.

Cheers for the feed back. Will probably give these a go in warm ups and pre season and see how I get on with them.

I know they are expensive but having tried a few gloves this season I think I am going to stick with Reusch for the foreseeable future now. For me they give the right mix of grip and durability and I seem to love flat palm gloves these days and they definitely by far in my opinion make the best fitting / comfortable flat palm.

Just can't seem to get on with negatives, and don't see the big fuss about the cut. And roll fingers I have been finding fit too tight or too big.

Reusch make the best flat palms I think, fit is perfect. I'm wearing a pair of the ax2 flat palm and they are excellent. Overall myself I wear negative alot. Although one of my favourite gloves I have worn is the Precision Surround quartz. Great glove.

36 minutes ago, Schumacher86 said:

Reusch make the best flat palms I think, fit is perfect. I'm wearing a pair of the ax2 flat palm and they are excellent. Overall myself I wear negative alot. Although one of my favourite gloves I have worn is the Precision Surround quartz. Great glove.

Are your gloves the ones with the asymmetrical cuff? I have a pair of flat palm AX2s I haven't used yet as it hasn't really rained enough in a game to warrant using them. Nice fitting glove, but the pull loop on that and the G3 Duo Black Holes that I have are stupidly big and flappy, kind of ruins the gloves a bit.

These are my Reusch at the moment:

• Fit Control Pure Contact II - G3 Fusion (In the wrong bag)

• Freccia G3 (White Arrow)

• Prisma Pro Aquas - AX2

• Prisma Pro X1

• Prisma Pro G3 Duo Blackhole (20th Anniversary)

20190413-115450.jpg
img photo hosting

And my current match gloves the Prisma Pro G3 Duos are hanging up in the bathroom ready for tomorrow.

The 20th anniversary gloves are a homage to these gloves the Reusch Duo League which came out in 1999, the first gloves they release with the duo latex palm (which was Mega Grip Latex back then not top end like now).

I actually owned a pair as a 15 year old, in a size 8.5, as back then it seems having the gloves I wanted was more important than whether they fit or not. 🤣 They were sort of a version of a VG3 way before Nike ever brought that glove out.

reusch-1999-duoleague.jpg

Yes that's the version of ax2 I have, I like the cuff on them, sits nice and comfortable I find. Really impressive collection of Reusch there Bucks. The Freccia gloves look excellent aservice do the duo blackhole gloves.

I remember those old Reusch gloves they wereally excellent gloves. I had a few pairs of them always great gloves.

1 hour ago, Schumacher86 said:

Yes that's the version of ax2 I have, I like the cuff on them, sits nice and comfortable I find. Really impressive collection of Reusch there Bucks. The Freccia gloves look excellent aservice do the duo blackhole gloves.

I remember those old Reusch gloves they wereally excellent gloves. I had a few pairs of them always great gloves.

I only had the one pair. Think they were about £65 on release which was a lot of money back then. Wore my Prisma Pro's again today, again very solid performance, loving using them at the moment, almost tempted to get another pair of them as they look better than the Fit Control colourway (and £40 cheaper).

The fit of the cut on the AX2s is nice, I just find the wrist slides around a little on me, not even sure if I will get to wear them this season now. I can't see it hammering it down with rain any time soon and our pitch was solid as a rock today so don't really want to destroy them. The G3 latex held up well today though, a few little what I would call scratches on the palm but still pretty intact.

Yeah the were an expensive glove at the time but we're one of the top of the range at the time. Very simple glove but excellent at the same time. From memory and I could be wrong on this Reusch released the aqua gloves around this time, all white with blue arrow, another classic.

On the AX2 gloves I have beeno wearing in all weather and once kept damp they are solid grip wise.

12 minutes ago, Schumacher86 said:

Yeah the were an expensive glove at the time but we're one of the top of the range at the time. Very simple glove but excellent at the same time. From memory and I could be wrong on this Reusch released the aqua gloves around this time, all white with blue arrow, another classic.

On the AX2 gloves I have beeno wearing in all weather and once kept damp they are solid grip wise.

Remember those gloves, they looked great, Cabellero the Celta Vigo keeper used to wear them quite regularly.

I got a pair of gloves in 2004 think they were called the Aqua Duo. Neoprene body, Aqua and White back hand and Duo latex inside. What an absolute arse of a glove to get on though.

What a pair of glove those reusch were! Fline GK have just released (Only in size 9 though) a version of them with the Blue arrow and white background! Still to this day one of the most stunning gloves ever! Wish reusch would do a special release similar to how they did for the world keeper gloves a few years back 

28 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

What a pair of glove those reusch were! Fline GK have just released (Only in size 9 though) a version of them with the Blue arrow and white background! Still to this day one of the most stunning gloves ever! Wish reusch would do a special release similar to how they did for the world keeper gloves a few years back 

I had the 1998 World Cup gloves, Pure Black with a White Arrow. Stunning!

02%20Reusch%20World%20Keeper%201998.jpg?

And just for you Schumacher...

03.%20Aqua%20Keeper.jpg

Thanks Bucks!!! Do you remember the first release? The arrow was a lighter blue and font on index was all black not an outline? Ian Bennett of Birmingham and Stefan Klos of rangers wore them off the top of my head.

Sounds familiar. And also looks like the ones Cavallero is wearing in the picture above.

Bit the bullet and bought another pair of the Prisma Pro G3 Duos in a Size 8. I really like them, both the fit and feel but also the look of them is so much nicer than the newer Lime / Yellow colour gloves.

I've a pair of Reusch AX2 gloves with a blue palm, sorry, don't have a picture handy. Saving them for a special occasion. No idea what the latex is like, i tried the old A2 latex in a game in damp conditions once and thought it was just ok. Another member of the group did say that they only really come alive when soaked through though so maybe there's something in that.

1 hour ago, Colmster said:

I've a pair of Reusch AX2 gloves with a blue palm, sorry, don't have a picture handy. Saving them for a special occasion. No idea what the latex is like, i tried the old A2 latex in a game in damp conditions once and thought it was just ok. Another member of the group did say that they only really come alive when soaked through though so maybe there's something in that.

This is the reason I haven't used either my Reusch AX2's or Uhlsport Aquagrip HN's this season. We have had one game where it absolutely hammered it down and it has barely rained of a Sunday any other games.

I used Sells in that game I mentioned as I had already used them 3 or 4 times by that point.