Sign in to follow this  
The Dazzler99

HO Supremo Pro Negative

Just starting a quick review of the HO Supremo Pro Negative 

I picked these up earlier in the year on Pro Direct for around 45quid or so. 

Never used HO before but liked the look of them and they had a decent review from the guys at Keeperspirit on youtube as well as a few other channels I watched.

Initial Thoughts

When these came in the post I was slightly underwhelmed, they had a cheap smell about them (Very artificial and chemically) annoying they put a tag in the elastic wrist strap (Hate it when brands do this) Which resulted in slight fraying of the elastic double wrap wrist strap. The fit was slightly odd, the fingers felt somewhat stubby and I felt that the glove was very slim near the crotch of the thumb which resulted in some pinching. Cant really comment on the internal silicone after initially putting the glove on.

First few games

After a couple of prewashes I decided to use them on my first game back after a nasty concussion. They were used in my 7 aside team which plays on decent 5G turf. During and after the warm up the gloves came to life, not sure if the prewash stretched them out, or the heat of my hand loosened them but they felt awesome. The long wrist entry felt great and the material inside is very soft. The internal silicone worked well, it's not as noticeable as say the one glove versions but it does a job.

I am very very impressed with the Aqua latex on the gloves, it's not the type of latex that sticks to itself or has to be pulled from the ball but it's very good. I was catching crosses without issue and caught a few hard shots, if i were to compare I would say similar to the top of the range sells wet weather latex. The grip coupled with the padding and comfort installed confidence!  

They have held up well considering I was busy for both games and playing on 5G, small tear in the latex on the palm but this was due to my poor technique. 

Final Thoughts so far

So far i'm pretty impressed. Once washed and used in a game I've been very happy with them. If I were to compare them to another glove it would be a better padded and more consistently grippy version of the Adidas Trans Pro from a couple of years back. I loved the trans pro and I would say the HO are a step up. 

I'll provide updates after the next few times I use them. 

I've never used HO either and have been tempted to try them lately.

Never end up going for them though.

From a personal standpoint i've just never liked their designs. To outlandish and over the top for me (It's what stops me using west coast goalkeeping etc) The supremo look best in black or white, but the red pair were cheap so I took the punt. 

Very decent gloves though! 

The ones I like the look of are the Supremo Pro Kontakt in the Ocean colourway.

V3_1_Main_0327154.jpg?imwidth=768

Ordered a pair of the above gloves so will let you know what I think.

haha you didn't hang around! 

I like the look of their Kontact cut. Going from my experience with Negative version of the glove I can imagine the one you bought being even more comfortable!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

I have 3 pairs of new gloves in the post to me right now, couple pairs of Fline and the New KA McGregor gloves which look really good! Cant wait to try their new extension cut. 

I just thought if I don't order them now, I probably won't so might as well. See how I get on with them.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Kaliaaer gloves when you get around to using them. They look a bit strange, but the cut especially intrigues me. Still got my Kaliaaer's I got about a year ago that I have worn once on 4G and once in a warm up.

Reluctantly I am going to have to return the HO's. The fit un the finger crutches is so tight it is like the gloves are a size too small, but the fingers are so long and the wrist bandage so big that if I went up a size I wouldn't be able to wear the gloves.

A shame, but think I will now order the Kaliaaer gloves instead.

This is the issue I have, see all that bit that sticks out, that is all just air. If I went down a size though the gloves wouldn't fit as they would be too tight.

20190426-095932.jpg
20190426-095918.jpg
20190426-095915.jpg

Thats unfortunate. Wonder if its a quality control issue with HO? The negatives fit odd at first and didnt stretch out until I wore them for a prolonged period. 

Yes im excited to try the KA gloves! The cut looks very unique, hope the fit is decent as I fear the ends may flap around a bit and my confidence will drop when trying to use them.

I'm also looking forward to see how the wrist strap works, I noticed during a game that McGregor uses a traditional latex strap, similar to how Handanovic uses a normal strap rather than the one on the retail Reusch Frecia.  

This maybe down to more personal preference or the fact the shots these guys are facing in training and games are venomous! 

Most pro keepers don't wear the retail straps on their gloves. I know De Gea and Neuer have a plain latex strap on their Adidas, and I am pretty sure Ter Stegen does too.

Adidas should make the Neuer gloves with the latex strap like he has in my opinion.

Been a bad week for goalkeeping stuff, having to return the HO's, a pair of Uhlsports I got (again sizing issues!), and I ordered a new Pink Adidas shirt for next season and a matching base layer (from a company called Rhino), and when the base layer arrived it's the one they call Fluo Pink rather than the Light Pink I ordered. Spoke to the company on Ebay and it turns out that Rhino no longer make the Light Pink version, the Fluo Pink is completely the wrong colour. 😫

20190426-145529.jpg
upload pic

Bayern Put a video up on Neuer's gloves a while back;

It's a shame most firms don't release the true versions of gloves the pro's use. 

I've always wanted to try the adidas with the De gea flat palm but I doubt they will ever release that glove. 

It's annoying when the clothing doesn't match what you think you ordered. The amount of times i've returned Nike keeper shirts due to the sizing being awful, I'm a large in the Spurs keeper shirt, ordered the newer Nike park jersey in Purple and the large is tiny and fits awful. I dont get it.....

15 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Bayern Put a video up on Neuer's gloves a while back;

It's a shame most firms don't release the true versions of gloves the pro's use. 

I've always wanted to try the adidas with the De gea flat palm but I doubt they will ever release that glove. 

It's annoying when the clothing doesn't match what you think you ordered. The amount of times i've returned Nike keeper shirts due to the sizing being awful, I'm a large in the Spurs keeper shirt, ordered the newer Nike park jersey in Purple and the large is tiny and fits awful. I dont get it.....

Occasionally Adidas release a version in the positive cut as they call it.

I have loads of the Nike shirts this year, had to get the Sevilla one in a Medium as I have got too big for my Smalls at the moment. 🤣