Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Jim Buckley (Bucks) Season 2019/20

I've been back for a couple of seasons now so decided to break away from the Bucks Returns thread. Getting myself fit and in shape ready for pre season training to start in a few weeks. Got three kits for this coming season which I will post up later in the week, also got a good selection of gloves to try out this season including:

• New Adidas Predator Hybrid's with the removable strap.

• Two pairs of the new Kaliaaer gloves with the tipped fingers.

• The One Glove Geo Auroras.

I also have the matching Silver Adidas Predator 19.1 boots in a soft ground model (interchangeable studs), but I am deliberating whether to get these Mizuno boots as they are absolutely stunning, and if I do whether to get the pure firm ground model or the mixed sole ones? 🤔

202610_Main_Thumb_0506894.jpg?imwidth=76

7 hours ago, GKJacob said:

When you say interchangeable studs, do you mean SG to FG?

Yeah that's the one. I decided not to get the Mizuno boots for now. I might revisit them when they drop in price, but I have the Silver Adidas Predators and I also have my Adidas X 19s that I have only worn twice too, plus I needed some exercise / running gear so thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (oh and the new England ODI cricket shirt!).

4 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

Yeah that's the one. I decided not to get the Mizuno boots for now. I might revisit them when they drop in price, but I have the Silver Adidas Predators and I also have my Adidas X 19s that I have only worn twice too, plus I needed some exercise / running gear so thought the money could be better spent elsewhere (oh and the new England ODI cricket shirt!).

Wyatt got a pair of Mizuno's late last year.  He never wore them since they felt narrower to him them his Addidas predators and the Nike's he was wearing.  I have to say they are really nice boots though, super soft and they come with a care kit that includes leather food for the uppers.

They are absolutely beautiful boots, and I have heard only good things about Mizuno. Like I say when they drop in price I may revisit it, but I need some training gear and both pairs of trainers I currently have are knackered so had to prioritise for now.

Where can you grab those FG stud replacements for SG boots? Been meaning to grab some for a long time.

13 hours ago, GKJacob said:

Where can you grab those FG stud replacements for SG boots? Been meaning to grab some for a long time.

Not too sure. They used to sell them everywhere but they are a struggle now. Thankfully Adidas give you metal and tpu studs still.

I thought one of our lads had some last season but turns out they still had metal tips.

16 hours ago, GKJacob said:

Only thought Adidas gave you replacement mental studs. :/

They do. But you can still buy the tpu ones, but they only fit Adidas boots.

Nice little session today just to get as much of the squad together and get back kicking a ball. Wasn't too serious, but a loosened really and I kind of needed it, even though I try to play indoors in the week I certainly felt quite stiff today, and my ankle has been playing up recently after I jarred it about a month ago, plus for about the last 2 months I have had problems with my plantar fascia in my foot.

Made a few saves but was slow on a few shots too, but first week back and that. Was good for using my feet though as we done 5 v 5. Shame not the whole team could get together but it was undertaken in a good spirit and a solid hour and a half work out to blow off some of the cob webs.

We are in Division 6 this season, the League goes from Premier Division to Division 9, so we are roughly where we were last season, but as the league have put us in the Surrey Junor Cup rather than the Surrey Lower Junior Cup I guess it is kind of a Promotion. Cannot wait to get going properly now and to get loosened up and ready for the season ahead.

As I mentioned in my Kaliaaer glove thread had a couple of pre season training sessions. Been doing alright but taken a bang at Thursday kick about and think I have bruised ribs so will see how it goes, and maybe take it easy next week. So so sore this afternoon. 😩