Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Jim Buckley (Bucks) Season 2019/20

I didn't have a great game today, I think in part because I was pissed off with the warm up and people just banging them in top corner from outside the area so I walked off in the end. Also not helped the pitch was rock hard and I only took studs with plastics in, really needed moulds.

Anyway first half was fine, not a lot to do, a couple of fathers etc, first goal was swung into the box from deep and their player lost his man and on the volley straight through my legs 1-0.

Second half we equalised after Mike our striker today hit a pot shot and their keeper fumbled it above his head into the  net 1-1.

Then some play down our right their LM cut back on to his right foot and curled in a cross, my initial thought was punch it clear, but as I got closer to the ball I thought I can catch this, and in the end I just ended up doing neither and missed the ball and it went straight in. 2-1

Third goal, quite similar, Free Kick on our right the guy hit it and one of their players looked like he was going to flick it with his head and didn't and it just ended up going in at the far post. 3-1

By this point I was a bit all over the place in my head and when  we lost the ball 45 seconds after our kick off and the bloke hit it from 25 yards, I dived but it nestled bottom corner, 4-1.

So yeah not a great day to be honest and I genuinely feel like the (lack of) warm up had a big part in it. I did make a couple of decent stops, but I also make a couple of other fudge ups including diving for a soft shot, got to it, caught it then dropped it as I hit the ground, luckily their player hit it straight at me on the floor.

Changed my mind about kit and ended up wearing the same Purple Nike kit I wore last time.

Boots I wore were the Adidas Copa 19.1 Black / Reds, and Gloves I went with the Pumas.

Good warm up is vital Bucks, this drill of outfield players just taking pot shots only drains a keeper of confidence if he hasn't done around 20 mins of handling and match preparation. 

What pumas are they?

43 minutes ago, Schumacher86 said:

Good warm up is vital Bucks, this drill of outfield players just taking pot shots only drains a keeper of confidence if he hasn't done around 20 mins of handling and match preparation. 

What pumas are they?

The ones pictured on the last page, Puma One Grip 1 RC. The new backhand style. The fit on Pumas is so much better now at long last, the grip is very good too (not that you would think so how I used them today!) 😅🤭

The Ultimate Grip latex feels a lot softer than I remember it from before. The wrist strap is still too bloody long though, had a bloody annoying flappy bit hanging off both wrists all game.

I completely agree about the warm up. I think the opposition purposely didn't put the net up at our end until 5 minutes before kick off, but even then the "warm up" I had was shocking, I just walked off in the end, there was no point me standing there with them firing them in from all angles, I could feel myself getting more and more pissed off.

206014_Gallery_3_0521325.jpg?imwidth=768

206014_Gallery_2_0521324.jpg?imwidth=768

206014_Main_Thumb_0521315.jpg?imwidth=76

35 minutes ago, Bucks13 said:

The ones pictured on the last page, Puma One Grip 1 RC. The new backhand style. The fit on Pumas is so much better now at long last, the grip is very good too (not that you would think so how I used them today!) 😅🤭

The Ultimate Grip latex feels a lot softer than I remember it from before. The wrist strap is still too bloody long though, had a bloody annoying flappy bit hanging off both wrists all game.

I completely agree about the warm up. I think the opposition purposely didn't put the net up at our end until 5 minutes before kick off, but even then the "warm up" I had was shocking, I just walked off in the end, there was no point me standing there with them firing them in from all angles, I could feel myself getting more and more pissed off.

206014_Gallery_3_0521325.jpg?imwidth=768

206014_Gallery_2_0521324.jpg?imwidth=768

Get yourself a teammate you trust with serving proper balls at you, go to edge of 18 yard box at end line and get him to warm you up, when you feel ready step into the goals, getting frustrated in the warm up transfer to a game and will effect you if things don't go your way.

Good to hear about the Puma gloves as they look class.

The line and boot the ball at the keeper is very popular around these parts for a lot of teams.  I think in the youth team case it is because none of the coaches really know squat about keepers and are more concerned with getting the field players warmed up and on frame.  When Wyatt started his first coach was smart enough to let Wyatt work out his on warm-up and would have one or two of the reserve players help him warm-up.  Once he got onto teams with 2 keepers they usually would warmup each other, but that was sort of haphazard as sometimes the other keeper didn't always take it seriously unless he was going to be the starter.

I hate this way of warming up! I normally stick to 7 aside and my warm up generally consists of the team smashing shots full pelt from about 10 yards out. Doesnt help at all!

Makes such a difference if I have a proper warm up, consisting of kicking, light handling and stretching.

Nothing worse than letting in a few easy ones or having handling problems in a warm up! Generally leads to a bad game 

22 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

I hate this way of warming up! I normally stick to 7 aside and my warm up generally consists of the team smashing shots full pelt from about 10 yards out. Doesnt help at all!

Makes such a difference if I have a proper warm up, consisting of kicking, light handling and stretching.

Nothing worse than letting in a few easy ones or having handling problems in a warm up! Generally leads to a bad game 

Totally agree and not only that, the fact that I went into the game in a bad mood because of said warm up probably didn't help matters neither.

Starting to get frustrated with myself again. After a good few weeks after training with a Goalkeeper coach I feel like the last two weeks I have gone backwards again.

Had training today, our last week before the season starts next Sunday and I let in a number of soft goals, and was just generally slow to react. 😒😕 Hoping my GK coach can fit me in for a training session this week before the season gets underway.