Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Jim Buckley (Bucks) Season 2019/20

21 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Your kit....................Nike..........:s....(an old joke on here)

Gloves: Reusch Prisma Pro G3 Duo Black Hole. Didnt know flat palms were still a thing? I use to like wearing reusch, but switched to brands on here which were cheaper. Such as Bramic DH-One and F-Line (Which I still purchase)

Nice boots though

I know the bigger brands are a bit notorious on various keeper sites, mainly gloves but I do love Nike kits lately. Used to always be Adidas but they all seem a bit gamey, Nike have really impressed me with their kits last season and this.

I've tried all sorts of gloves as you can probably tell. But for some reason I find it hard to find a really good fitting roll finger these days. Usually they tend to be too baggy like the Sells ones I used last season or too tight. And I have never particularly rated negative cut gloves, I've never really seen what all the fuss is about, but flat palms, I love the way they fit, the feel they give me on the ball and I feel like they give a better catching area than a negative.

I avoided Reusch for years because of their prices, but I have picked up a few for sale pairs (which are still probably top end prices of some other brands), but the build quality, and grip / durability on Reusch really impresses me.

Also on the Reusch I have always been a fan since the first pair in 1999 of their gloves with the Duo latex.

I just wanted to make the point that I'm not scared of getting hit by another player, I seem to have become scared of coming for the ball and missing it. 😅

19 hours ago, Bucks13 said:

I know the bigger brands are a bit notorious on various keeper sites, mainly gloves but I do love Nike kits lately. Used to always be Adidas but they all seem a bit gamey, Nike have really impressed me with their kits last season and this.

I've tried all sorts of gloves as you can probably tell. But for some reason I find it hard to find a really good fitting roll finger these days. Usually they tend to be too baggy like the Sells ones I used last season or too tight. And I have never particularly rated negative cut gloves, I've never really seen what all the fuss is about, but flat palms, I love the way they fit, the feel they give me on the ball and I feel like they give a better catching area than a negative.

I avoided Reusch for years because of their prices, but I have picked up a few for sale pairs (which are still probably top end prices of some other brands), but the build quality, and grip / durability on Reusch really impresses me.

Also on the Reusch I have always been a fan since the first pair in 1999 of their gloves with the Duo latex.

Finding a good fit can be frustrating, especially these days and the majority of us will buy gloves online. Back in the 'good old days' I could go to a sports shop and try the gloves on before I bought them. The price of gloves today is just absorbed, forget all the stuff about how they spend money in R&D etc etc. If 'template glove' brands can produce a glove that has grip for under £20 Im sure the bigger brands could too.....if they wanted.

I remember buying match gloves, 20 years ago, yes I know to you youngster that will seem like a looooong time. But I use to buy match gloves Sondico(before they were just a name licensed by Sports direct on cheap gloves) for £11.99 and the king of gloves...reusch for £15!!!

I remember becoming aware of negative and roll finger cut in 2004. That's when I moved away from flat palm. Negative cuts do nothing for me either, but I do like a roll finger. But here's the thing, I loved the Puma Icana gloves in a roll finger. Match gloves for £35 (end of the season they were £20 a pair, I think that was just keepers I purchased them from) They were a size 8.5, fitted perfectly. two years later and a Puma 8.5 is miles too big for me. I drop down to an 8 or 7.5 in the glove. But I still had a pair of Icana and they still fitted fine, so there must have been a shift in sizing.

But I find a pair of gloves I like, for example, I had some DH-One gloves with a yellow finger, cant recall the model. Loved them, they were brilliant. Then at the end of the season they stop making them and bring out a new glove. I buy them but was slightly too big. I moved onto COM (Chasing our masters gloves) fitted brilliant, liked the grip etc. They stopped selling on ebay and there website wasn't updated, so they was gone. Then I had some F0Line gloves last year, liked the fit so bought a couple of pairs. End of last season they appear to become end of the line. Obviously a new glove means a new price, but its a shame that the gloves are discontinued each season and the design changed, especially if there's nothing wrong with them.

I totally agree with the above post. So frustrating to find a glove that fits well and works great, only for the to stop making it and introduce "Revolutionary New Technology" which makes the gloves worse haha 

The price of the large brands are disgusting though, Reusch, Sells and Uhlsport are now charging way over 100GBP for a decent pair of gloves. Whilst I would say the build and quality of Reusch and Uhlsport is decent (Sells are really badly made and fall apart quickly) its certainly not worth the huge increase in price over say Fline, the one glove and KA. 

It's all of course in the name though. Same reason why a tshirt from Gucci probably cost £300 yet one made exactly the same and to the same quality in Primark is £8. 😅

Had a training session with Andy my keeper coach on Wednesday. It still amazes me how shocking my fitness is, so I have taken his advice and joined a gym. 🤣

Done some core and resistance work and when I next go in a few weeks to see him he wants to do a "Right side workshop", because I am so much weaker at diving / saving on my Right which has always been the case. 🤦‍♂️

Looking forward to Sunday's game, in the Surrey Cup although typically we are Away and it is bloody miles against Hersham FC who are in the Division above us. I fancy our chances and we have a full squad almost to select from so we should give them a decent game, I just hope we don't start how we did last week. We need to start playing to our ability from the off for once as we have been slow starters in every game so far this season.

The oppo play in Yellow so we will be in our Red Away kit, and thus I shall be lining up in Purple once again this week.

Surrey Junior Cup 1st Round action today, against Hersham FC who had a decent start (6 points from 9) in Division 5, so a league above us. Not the easiest place to find to be honest, but eventually our team turned up, and on a sunny yet slightly chilly morning in the Surrey countryside we put in arguably one of the best performances since I joined this team.

We started off a little slow but picked off their through balls, and defended resolutely. A shot from the edge of the area had me sprawling to my left, clipping the outside of the post. Then a corner which left their striker unmarked 7 yards out with a decent header I got a good hand to then gathered the loose ball. After that we grew into the game, but missed countless chances, finally getting the break through just before half time.

Second half again was mainly sweeping up, my first save coming after I came out for a ball down our left channel I thought I could get to, but having got there realised trying to get the ball back into my area was a no go, so I took it down the line then tried to hit a wonder pass down the line only to pass it straight to an opposition player. Having got back into my area their striker hit a tame effort which I dived to my left and gathered. After more missed chances we finally made it 0-2 with about ten minutes to go. The opposition had a couple of half chances but we held firm for a first clean sheet of the season, coming a lot sooner than the one I got in the whole of the 2018/19 season.

A good solid win and team performance for us, and into the next round of the Cup. Next week we face bottom of the table Thames Ditton back in League action having lost twice to them (1-4 and 6-0) last season.

Kit: All Purple Nike Goalkeeper Kit.

csm_NAQ5324-547_1_ba5e2e450a.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

csm_ADB2049_D1_4a1aa8497a.jpg

Gloves: Reusch Prisma Pro G3 Duo Black Hole.

csm_R3870159_a02380d8c8.jpg

Thames Ditton are a funny team. They have lost all 4 games this season, 3 in the League and 1 in the League Cup, but they score goals.

Off the top of my head they have lost 6-2, 7-3, 6-3 and 5-3 so despite them being bottom of the league we certainly shouldn't take that for granted this weekend.

No game this week. 😒 Apparently our pitch is Waterlogged, so next game will now be next Sunday, 3rd November Away to a new team FC Riverside.

Cannot take anything for granted, but this lot have lost all 4 games so far, 2 in the League and 2 in the Two cups so far.

A really long winded Away trip to the arse end of nowhere (Chiswick!) Today to face FC Riverside in the League. No idea how they can play there, it is way outside the boundaries of "Leatherhead & District".

Anyway we turned up eventually and made hard work of a game we should really have won by double figures, but again we ruled missed chances, eventually coming away with a 0-4 Victory. I can't remember the last time I had back to back clean sheets 😁 and now I have already beaten my total for last season.

It is fair to say I didn't exactly have the busiest of days, but I did have a couple of saves to make. An early one after my CB was done for pace down our right, the guy cut in and struck a low shot which I saved with my feet. Another chance their guy shot low which I parried and then gathered at the second attempt.

Second half I had one low diving gather, claimed a corner, and made another one on one save that would have been ruled out for offside. All in all a satisfactory result and clean sheet, no idea who we have next Sunday as yet though.

csm_NAQ5324-547_1_e7d5a9c6e2.jpg

csm_ADB2049_D1_4a1aa8497a.jpg

Gloves: Kaliaaer Annihl8aer Positive's.

annihl8aer-positive-shoklock-goalkeeper-

Sunday coming we have Surbiton Town. Should be a good game and a decent test. They won Division 9 last season and have been promoted up to Division 6. Looking at their twitter they seem to fancy themselves a bit, but their results have been a bit hit and miss, beating some good teams, and then losing to some not so good, they actually sound pretty similar to us.

Another victory today as we March on with our league season, and a third consecutive clean sheet in a 2-0 win.

This was a tough game between two very even teams, and to be honest they started the stronger but failed to make any real headway, then a break down our left, I closed the guy down who cut it back across the box and with the goal gaping they missed. I only really had one save, a low shot from outside the box that I dived and smothered, and a couple of crosses I came and claimed. It ended 0-0 at half time.

Second half we were the stronger team for most of it, and we had the downhill advantage too. I had a couple of low stops to make including one I parried wide and my Left Back got back to block the rebound as I was trying to get up and block. We took the lead after going down to ten men (sin bin), with about 15 mins to go, Tony with a hit and hope over his shoulder from 35 yards out. Not sure where their keeper went but the ball looped over him and dropped into the net. We then cleared a late free kick and Jay played in Mike who rolled into the empty net after their keeper had been beaten to the ball on halfway. This was the type of game last season we would have crumbled and drawn or even lost late on, but we really have a good team spirit this season, and mentally we seem a lot stronger, long may it continue. Next week we face Haydons Park Away in the League, a team we faced many times in the past in the now defunct Morden & District Leagues.

csm_NAQ5324-547_1_e7d5a9c6e2.jpg

bota-adidas-predator-18.1-sg-core-black-

Gloves: Kaliaaer Annihl8aer Positive Cuts.

annihl8aer-positive-shoklock-goalkeeper-

My friend Sean and I were talking about my gloves and then he said about the boots I have been wearing. They re probably still my favourites even though I have had them over a year now.

Unfortunately my collecting isn't just limited to Gloves though I am afraid.

20191111-150249.jpg

Those Copa's look class.

I've been using the Nike Premier 2.0. Prob the best boot i've used in years, really simple leather upper and fold over tongue, nothing more. 

I find the premier perfect for playing in goal, very well padded for support and great for driving through the ball on goal kicks. 

They also come in array of great colours and can be bought for like 50quid off pro direct. 

39 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Those Copa's look class.

I've been using the Nike Premier 2.0. Prob the best boot i've used in years, really simple leather upper and fold over tongue, nothing more. 

I find the premier perfect for playing in goal, very well padded for support and great for driving through the ball on goal kicks. 

They also come in array of great colours and can be bought for like 50quid off pro direct. 

I've not even used the Copa's yet (white ones) as they are FG and quite tight. I really can't get on with the Puma One's or the Black Copa's, I just can't seem to kick very well in them. 😕

The Puma ones are FG / AG but the studs are stupidly long, on hard pitches which they are meant for I can't get under the ball properly.

Tough game today Away to Haydons Park, a team we knew from both teams days in the Morden & District Leagues. We started a bit slow and I had to make a very good (if I do say so myself) one on one save early on. Then we grew into the game and found ourselves 0-2 up, both scored by Lee. Haydons had chances but none really testing. Then a free kick with 5 mins of the half left whipped in, Pierce my CB did handle it to be fair but the referee let play go on for about 40 seconds then gave a penalty, wtf?! 😕 Anyway I dived left, the guy went right and only just went in off the post. 1-2 at half time.

Half time we spoke about starting aggressive and getting at them, and within 3 minutes we gave the ball away, their left winger hit a shot which was going across the 6 yard box, I got across and blocked from their CF who really should have scored from about 4 yards out. Unfortunately for me the ball fell to one of their players who lashed it home from 12 yards whilst I was still trying to get up. 2-2.

Then we seemed to wake up a bit and nabbed two more to go 2-4 up, Lee with 4 for the game as 12 for the season now from 8 games. We held on, until about 10 from time when a clipped free kick to the back was met totally unmarked by their left winger who somehow volleyed it with the back outside of his heel, it looped up and dropped into the far side netting, 3-4.

We made really hard work of those last 10 minutes or so and shored up going 4-5-1 towards the end, but we held out for the victory which pushes us right up in contention at the top of the table now.

Kit: All Red Nike Goalkeeper kit.

csm_NAQ5324-657_1_46dd3d0dd9.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's 

bota-adidas-predator-18.1-sg-core-black-

Gloves: Kaliaaer ANNIHL8AER Negative Cut's.

annihl8aer-negative-cut-goalkeeper-glove

Love the look of those gloves! How do they look in person? I think pink gloves and a black kit is a very nice color combo. 

Hoping they go on sale during black Friday so I can pick a pair up. 

41 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Love the look of those gloves! How do they look in person? I think pink gloves and a black kit is a very nice color combo. 

Hoping they go on sale during black Friday so I can pick a pair up. 

The one complaint I have about the pink gloves is the backhand the pink looks really faded. I noticed it when I saw a Goalkeeper Vlogger (Conor O'Keefe) wearing them but thought maybe it was wear and tear, but no the backhand looks quite washed out. Unlike the Purple ones which do look like the pictures.

I really shouldn't buy anymore gloves but if these appear in the Black Friday sale I might pick them up.

https://www.kagoalkeeping.co.uk/collection-c1/xtension-xlr8aer-pwr-lite-traxzone-p131

That's interesting. Personally I actually like the idea a more subtle pink on the back hand. 

Those gloves you listed really look the business. I really like the Xtension cut KA has developed. I actually feel the benefits when stretching for shots and parrying them away! 

KA normally have decent black friday sales so i'm definitely going to monitor it and pull the trigger if/when their sales start. 

30 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

That's interesting. Personally I actually like the idea a more subtle pink on the back hand. 

Those gloves you listed really look the business. I really like the Xtension cut KA has developed. I actually feel the benefits when stretching for shots and parrying them away! 

KA normally have decent black friday sales so i'm definitely going to monitor it and pull the trigger if/when their sales start. 

I too will keep an eye out. If they don't have them on sale not the end of the world, got plenty to be getting on with.

Also never realised when I bought the glove towel that the clips double up as glove hangers. The two sets I have have come in really useful. 😬

This coming Sunday we face Tolworth FC who are Leatherhead & District Division 4 (we are Division 6) in the Surrey Junior Cup Second Round. Will be a good test, as this team beat RP Royals in a league game this season, the team who knocked us out of the League Challenge Cup (the last game we lost).

We are in the Junior Cup this season, last season we were in the Lower Junior.

We then have games on the 1st, 8th (both probably League games), and then 15th December (this one is Surrey Cup 3rd round week so depends how we get on Sunday if it will be Cup or League). The League did want us to play on the 22nd / 29th December to try and catch up on fixtures but our manager refused. Perhaps if the League and the councils who run the pitches were better organised they wouldn't have to keep playing catch up every season.

On 18/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, The Dazzler99 said:

20191120-111211.jpg

They look really decent. I Messaged Kenny Arthur on Instagram and they will be posting black friday deals soon. KA have really decent sales so i'm hoping i'll pick up a pair of the above gloves any maybe a pair of the extension gloves in black.