Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Jim Buckley (Bucks) Season 2019/20

Game off tomorrow. Allegedly the pitch is waterlogged even though we have barely had any rain. Will be rescheduled for next Sunday, although not sure where as it is our home game and next week isn't our week to play at our Home ground.

I'm kind of relieved in a way though as my neck has been playing up badly this week for the first time in over a year, and not sure what I have done, whether I slept funny or what but I have managed to strain both of my deltoid muscles, my right arm in particular I can barely lift above shoulder height at the moment. 😕

Our cup game is rearranged for this Sunday, was originally going to be at Reigate Priory but Reigate and Banstead Council have called it off for a waterlogged pitch, so now the game will be played at Surbiton Town Sports Ground, which suits me as it is 5 minutes around the corner rather than the 35-40 minutes to Reigate. 😂

The pitches are absolute dogshit at Surbiton Town though, absolutely covered in sand all year round so I refuse to use my Kaliaaer gloves this weekend, but in fairness I pulled these gloves out of storage last week (a little mouldy), but after a couple of washes they have washed up well. Only worn them 2 or 3 times when I bought them in 2016, all on 4G pitches, plus I still think they look absolutely class.

20191129-204644.jpg

Hard fought game in the Surrey Junior Cup 2nd round against Tolworth FC who are two divisions higher than us, saw us run out 5-3 winners having gone 1-3 down just a minute into the second half.

I am really struggling at the moment, my neck is buggered and I somehow hurt both shoulders last week and both are still knackered. First shots in my warm up and I was wincing in agony, a real worry and not sure what other than rest will help to be honest.

Anyway we started well and had most of the early running scoring a penalty to take the lead. The oppo started to get back into it though and a cross from our right found their RM who controlled it on his chest 12 yards out, dummies our CB and fired bottom corner to make it 1-1. Then just before the break a little defence splitting pass through to their RM, I came out to close the angle and Marcel my LB challenging back toe poked the ball past me, 1-2.

Half time we felt hard done by and sought to rectify it, especially as the opposition had started getting cocky and mouthing off. A free kick from deep at the start of the half just died, Marcel again misjudged it and took the ball down straight into the path of one of their players, I raced out and spread myself but he dunked it over my left leg, 1-3.

After that it was a bit end to end for a while, but after we got the second from a scramble in the box, Marcel made amends for his awful game with a towering header from a corner to make it 3-3. Two more goals were to follow, and we held tight at the back to secure the win and our passage into the 3rd round. I was so grateful to my defence for staying solid as I think I would have really struggled having to dive for much today. Also I went with metal studs today which I think was a mistake as the pitch was harder than I expected so my kicking was a bit hit and miss today. Still another win which is always nice, and what I had to do I done well.

Kit: All Pink Puma Goalkeeper Kit.

AJK03465-600x600.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

bota-adidas-predator-18.1-sg-core-black-

Gloves: Uhlsport Absolutgrip HN Black Edition.

csm_U1135_91bf60c407.jpg

Drawn Wandgas Sports Reserves in the 3rd Round of the Surrey Junior Cup. They are only 4 divisions above us. 🙄 Unbeaten so far this season, and lost 1 game last season. That is going to be fun on the 15th. 😂🙌🏼🤞🏼

A cool blustery morning saw us back in League action today against Thames Ditton, a team we lost to twice last season and finished a place below. Despite being second bottom Thames Ditton had the third best attack and had not scored less than 2 goals in a game all season, but they also had the worst defence. I think they were averaging about 3 goals per game for and 5 goals per game against.

Anyway we started up hill and into the wind, and instantly I thought we might regret it, as we placed in similar conditions last season at Home to them and found ourselves 0-4 down after 20 mins. But we held tight today, we done our jobs well. I didn't have a lot to do, a couple of low stops, and punches / claims from crosses / set pieces into the box, going into half time 0-0. I was worried as their keeper was clearing the pitch with kicks from hands with the wind behind him, and I struggled massively kicking into the wind.

Second half we came out and it was tight for the first 20 minutes, I had one low stop, but apart from that not many other saves. As soon as we scored 1, the flood gates opened and we ended up running out 4-0 winners, and we keep up our charge for the top, currently sitting in fourth, two points off top with 2 games in hand, and that was our last League game before Christmas now so we end 2019 with the best defence in the League. 💪🏼😉 Next Sunday we face Wandgas Sports Reserves in the Surrey Junior Cup who are 4 divisions above us.

Kit: All Purple Nike Goalkeeper Kit.

csm_NAQ5324-547_1_e7d5a9c6e2.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas Predator 18.1 SG's.

bota-adidas-predator-18.1-sg-core-black-

Gloves: Kaliaaer Annihl8aer Positive's.

annihl8aer-positive-shoklock-goalkeeper-

Cup game this Sunday is off. 😒😒😒 That is us done until January now. Have a good Christmas and New Year everyone.

Back in action this coming Sunday against Wandgas Sports Reserves in the Surrey Cup 3rd Round. Wandgas are 4 divisions above us and seem to think they have the game won already, really hoping we give them a really tough game now and maybe sneak a surprise victory.

My only worry is come Sunday we won't have played in a month which is annoying as we were on a really good run before.

Not going to go into too much detail as it will be effort to remember all of the goals, but a mix of being totally outclassed, with giving the ball away far too cheaply time and time again resulted in a 1-11 defeat in the Surrey Cup. Unfortunately sometimes you just come up against a team way above your level, and we didn't really help our cause much.

On the plus side despite the score I actually played pretty well myself, with a few decent saves, kicking was a bit crap for 60% of the game mind you, but I didn't really make any errors, and certainly nothing that lead to any of the goals. About 5 of them I actually saved but then none of my team were following up the rebounds. Onwards and upwards now, we face AFC Cannons next week in the League Charity Cup, a team who were in our Division last season.

I told the boys to keep their heads up after today, just use it to our advantage, plus the Surrey Cup is a load of effort anyway. 😉

Kit: Pink Puma Shirt and Shorts with White Puma Socks.

csm_P703771-41_1_27f486ba7a.jpg

Boots: Black Adidas X 18.1 SG's.

006059691_06.jpg

Gloves: Kaliaaer XLR8AER PWRLITE Xtension Cut.

xlr8aer-pwrlite-xtension-cut-p146-810_im

I will quickly try and go through the goals:

1. Shot from LM, I dived full stretch to claw it out the top corner, RM gets there first, squares it to the striker who fires it in through my CB's legs.

2. Fail to clear properly, RM squares to Striker unmarked just inside the area who rolls it bottom left corner.

3. CB lost the ball, their player flicked it over the top of the defence, I came out to close but guy smashed it bottom corner from about 10 yards out unmarked.

4. Played through us, Striker cut in from our Left, I closed him blocked his shot but it looped up and two of my defenders didn't get back and stop it dropping in.

5. Failed to deal with a corner, ball looped up in the air, I came through a crowd and punched the ball away, as I got to my feet their player flicked it up edge of the area and volleyed it straight into the net.

6. Striker got in round the back again, I closed the angle, he squared, our RM didn't track back so their man had an open goal for a tap in.

7. Ball through, their CM beat the offside trap, I closed him down but he slotted past me as I rushed out.

8. Ball through, defence stopped, guy was through, had whole goal to aim at as I came out.

9. Cross bobbled around the 6 yard box I went to dive on the loose ball and my CB kicked the ball off their players shin and into the net.

10. Striker through again, again no defenders tracked back, took it around me as I went to ground.

11. Striker through similar to 8th goal, I make a block on it and it loops up. Both CBs decide they are going to come back, but neither attempts to clear the ball as it is dropping into the net.

😒😒😒

Seems the scoreline doesn't reflect your performance. I had a similar experience a few years back. My last real game in England before I moved to Canada, my dad came along to watch. Ended up getting thumped 8-1 against Chingford athletic who are a pretty decent side in the Essex Olympian Division 1. I didn't make any real mistakes, but the car ride home with my dad was not fun lol 

How were the gloves btw? I ordered a pair and am awaiting delivery.

33 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Seems the scoreline doesn't reflect your performance. I had a similar experience a few years back. My last real game in England before I moved to Canada, my dad came along to watch. Ended up getting thumped 8-1 against Chingford athletic who are a pretty decent side in the Essex Olympian Division 1. I didn't make any real mistakes, but the car ride home with my dad was not fun lol 

How were the gloves btw? I ordered a pair and am awaiting delivery.

I didn't look at this before yesterday's game just the fact Wandgas were unbeaten in their division and top.

Screenshot-20200106-075253-Chrome.jpg

They beat Royal Admiral 8-0 who are second in the division, and the team Art Brut who they also beat 11-1 have conceded 28 goals in 7 games, so 17 in the other 6 they have played. 😅 I didn't feel too despondent anyway after the game as I felt I played well as I say, but I feel better seeing they are thumping teams at their own level, and we are 4 divisions lower than that.

As for the gloves, I like them, they fit well, and I find the cut works better with the slimmer neoprene body than the bulkier mesh ones. I like the internal silicone in these too, it feels nice and not slippery like I have found before. The latex was decent but I think I need to wear it in a bit. It's apparently the same as what I have worn on the Annihil8aer gloves, but it didn't feel as tacky to me, and I didn't take a couple of crosses / shots as cleanly as I normally would.

I've also got a pair of T1tan Red Beast 2.0's I am wearing in (the wallet they came in said you should wear them at least 2-3 times in training / practice before using in games which I found interesting), so I am going to wear them when I go do a training session with Andy my GK coach on Wednesday, having worn them in my warm up before yesterday's game, with a view to wearing those gloves in our League Charity Cup game this coming Sunday.

A win today in a tough scrappy League Charity Cup 2nd Round match Away to AFC Cannons, much like when we played them in the League last season.

The pitch was bloody awful, and it is telling how differing the conditions were, first half we went into the wind and up Hill. My kicks were fucking awful, could barely clear 20-25 yards from the ground or hands, and my defenders struggled too. Second half I was clearing half way from the floor, and hitting the oppo penalty box from hands. Anyway scrappy first half, had a couple of saves of note, one their striker found some room in the box, tried to curl it top right, I dived and got fingertips to it, to tip it round for a corner. The irony is I worked with my keeper coach Andy on Wednesday at diving to my Right, my weaker side. From the resulting corner a bit of a scramble saw the ball drop to one of their players two yards out, knowing I had to get something in the way I dived full stretch and got both hands to the ball from point blank range to keep the ball out. Having gone one up we did concede an equaliser to a complete fluke, the pitch was quite narrow, a corner in from our left just as the wind picked up and the Sun came out saw the ball deceive Josh my CB at the far post and drop in over his head.

Second half we came out the much better team, and took the game to them taking a 1-3 lead eventually. I only had a couple of simple gathers and claims to make, then with two minutes to go their striker got into the box, and Josh took him out, Penalty. I went the right way but the guy hit it high into the roof of the net, 2-3. We then went down their end from the kick off and scored again, 2-4 game over!

Really big game next Sunday against Epsom & Ewell Old Boys in the League  they are unbeaten and the only team to beat us in the league, 3-2 on the opening day. We are 7 points behind them at the moment with 2 games in hand. Win and it is 4 behind with 2 games in hand, and in our hands. Lose and we go 10 behind and will be relying upon other teams to do us favours, so it is important we get back to our best as we were still a little iffy today.

Kit: All Black Puma Goalkeeper Kit.

puma-cup-gk-set-puma-black-fuchsia-purpl

Boots: Red Nike Premier II SG's.

Screenshot-20200112-201511-Chrome.jpg

Gloves: Kaliaaer XLR8AER PWRLITE Xtension's.

xlr8aer-pwrlite-xtension-cut-p146-810_me

I did try the One Glove Slyr Martin Dubravka gloves in my warm up. Quite nice, but seem a bit overly on the thing side for me. Latex feels better than I remember from previous The One Glove models I have used, and I quite like the little silicon bits in these as ones I had before just felt like they were there for the sake of it.

Nice gloves, not too sure they will be displacing my Kaliaaer's anytime soon though, same can be said for the T1tan Red Beasts I also have.

1 hour ago, Schumacher86 said:

How did you find the premier boots?

Difficult question to answer after this first wear. Mainly because the pitch was firmer than I was expecting and I only had two pairs of boots with studs, these being the shorter ones of the two so it was quite hard to get under the ball.

But also the conditions were so varied in the two halves it was quite difficult to gauge. First half the wind was coming towards me, and we were slightly up hill and I really struggled from hands and the floor to clear 25 yards with the ball.

Second half as I said I was almost clearing the length of the pitch from hands, and up to halfway from the floor. I think I'd like to give them more time, although I have been thinking about trying some Nike Mercurials or Phantom VNMs soon as their new colourway in February is Red!!!

The boots are comfortable though, my only annoyance was I found the tongue kept coming unstuck from the velcro.

I don't know if it is odd or not but I have always had a fascination with red football boots. Although I mean RED, not they silly ones like Solar Red and Energy Red etc which are basically fluorescent orange colours, I've always felt that Red looks hella cool, and pretty much goes with any colour kit, unlike say Blue or Green.

Two of my all times favourites and boots that I owned were these two Adidas Predators, the 1998 Accelerators.

B-leeqr-Wc-AANGx.jpg

And these from around what... 2006ish The Predator Absolute's.

Screenshot-20200114-130904-Chrome.jpg

I only use the premier boots. I find them perfect for playing in goal, very comfy when just wearing them and have decent padding so I can put my foot through the ball without any sting. 

I also love the colorways they produce...... Plus most importantly, they are so cheap. Can pick them up for around 50quid on Pro-Direct. Not sure there is any more value on the market place. 

I own 4 pairs of these now. Should last to the end of my playing days. 

2 hours ago, The Dazzler99 said:

I own 4 pairs of these now. Should last to the end of my playing days. 

Screenshot-20200114-202555-Chrome.jpg

One of the new colourways.

1 hour ago, The Dazzler99 said:

They are so nice! Really dont need another pair, but I may just pull the trigger! 

If they were all Red with the White tick I would be all over them as they would look better than the ones I just bought.

A fine 4-2 victory for us today in a game that was 50/50 whether it would go ahead due to rain through the week, and then a frozen pitch this morning, but an 11am kick off against Epsom & Ewell Old Boys the only team to have beaten us in the League season got off to the worst possible start, from kick off they played it back and launched the ball over which my RB completely misjudged and their left winger was through, I came out one on one but the frost and Sun really confused me and the player and ball all I could make out was silhouette's, and the guy slotted it between my legs and in, 7 seconds in and 0-1 down. In truth the first 10-15 minutes we were awful and we had to hold our nerve and keep tight defensively. We started to get back into the game when a sucker punch, the ball found it's way to their striker just left of my goal, he took a touch and drilled a shot which I stuck out a strong right hand to keep out, but their CM was quickest to react and stole in to tap in from 6 yards out, 0-2. As the half wore on we started to play it about and got a goal back to go in at half time 1-2.

Given this lot had been giving it large on twitter before the weekend it gave us the motivation to go out second half and in the end a hat trick from Mike and a tap in from Marcel saw us romp home 4-2 winners, second half I only really had one save, against a drilled shot from my left which I stuck my right hand out to save. People from both our side and theirs said it was  brilliant save, to be honest for me I actually thought I got massively lucky as I completely misjudged the shot, but I will take it. 😅 We kept strong and held out to see home the win, and that leaves us 4 points behind them now with 2 games in hand, and 5 points off top placed Ewell Corinthians with 3 games in hand, so really it is in our own hands.

I thought I done ok today, I felt a bit nervous but maybe that was because there was a lot riding on the game, but I didn't really do anything wrong. Could have been a bit more decisive off my line, but just annoying when you only have 4 shots on your goal and concede from 2 of them. 🤔

Next week we face second bottom Thames Ditton, Away which will be a tough game.

Kit: All Red Nike Goalkeeper Kit.

csm_NAQ5324-657_1_880d392fb0.jpg

Boots: Black / Energy Red Puma One 19.1 FG's.

Screenshot-20200119-153934-Chrome.jpg
picture to url

Gloves: First Half Kaliaaer XLR8AER PWRLITE Xtension's, Second Half Kaliaaer Annihl8aer Positive's.

xlr8aer-pwrlite-xtension-cut-p146-810_meannihl8aer-positive-shoklock-goalkeeper-

Sounds like a fun game. I got my pair of the Kaliaaer XLR8AER PWRLITE Xtension's in the post the other day. They really do feel quality. 

Cant wait to use them, they are such an odd color scheme that i'm not sure which color kit to wear with them. Thinking they would look good with an all black kit or an orange one. 

58 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Sounds like a fun game. I got my pair of the Kaliaaer XLR8AER PWRLITE Xtension's in the post the other day. They really do feel quality. 

Cant wait to use them, they are such an odd color scheme that i'm not sure which color kit to wear with them. Thinking they would look good with an all black kit or an orange one. 

Bloody ripped a tiny chunk out of one of the palms diving on the frozen pitch in my warm up. 😒 Was not impressed with that!!!

I like them, but I find they perform better in drier conditions which is why I switched gloves at half time, plus I seem to perform better in the Flat (Positive) cut. 😜

I actually went with different boots to the Nike's for my new long term boots, which I am pairing up with a pair of Kaliaaer's when they both arrive.

10-puma-spark-pack-min.jpgjunior-shoklock-armaer-eclipse-p143-788_

Thats a great looking combo! 

I have those gloves in the negative cut. Really not sure on them, they have mesh gussets and feel huge on the hand. Actually had to swap them at half time during a game last week as they kept moving around when I went to catch a ball.