Sign in to follow this  
Bucks13

Jim Buckley (Bucks) Season 2019/20

23 minutes ago, The Dazzler99 said:

Thats a great looking combo! 

I have those gloves in the negative cut. Really not sure on them, they have mesh gussets and feel huge on the hand. Actually had to swap them at half time during a game last week as they kept moving around when I went to catch a ball. 

I actually changed my mind and got the new Adidas Predators in the end. I just couldn't resist the red.

I ordered the pack of all four gloves on Black Friday and I sent them back for exchange, I found the Negs and the Roll Fingers in that particular model to be quite big, but then I got them all in size 8 and I find Size 7 in Kaliaaer fits me so much better. My purple model of these are still going strong, I might break out the Pink Negs this weekend though, it's been a while since I last wore them.

So glad they finally went back to the traditional style Preds rather than the bastardized versions of the last couple of years. 

Preds IMO should always be wacky and crazy. Not streamlined and stylish. 

I don't know how kicking in them is going to be yet. When I tried them on I tried a few kick ups etc and the ball kept spinning backwards towards me without me even doing anything. 🤣

1 hour ago, Bucks13 said:

I don't know how kicking in them is going to be yet. When I tried them on I tried a few kick ups etc and the ball kept spinning backwards towards me without me even doing anything. 🤣

Wyatt is interested on your take on the new predators and if they screw with your dead balls and punts.

17 minutes ago, panzerbug said:

Wyatt is interested on your take on the new predators and if they screw with your dead balls and punts.

I shall let him know when I get to use them. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Another victory as we march on, a 2-3 win in an absolutely abysmal game. I knew it would be a damp squib after last week, I just had a feeling.

We played poor throughout and found ourselves both 1-0 and 2-1 down before roughing it out for the win. Not really sure why, possibly the crap warm up today which went back to the ways of old of people smashing it top corner over and over, but I really struggled today, hesitant a few times whether to come or stay. To be honest I didn't really put a foot wrong, and made no mistakes that led to goals, but I just didn't feel as confident today as I have the last 3 months or so. I had a couple of simple stops but their first goal came from us failing to clear our lines from a FK, the ball fell to their CM about 12 yards out, he fired left foot to my left which I dived across for, but our CB played on their RM who from about 4 yards out toed it back to my right as I was already diving.

Second half was crap, made a couple of saves, their second goal their RM kept it in play on the bi line and looped it up towards the back post, I shouted at Vaughan my CB to have it out, and for some reason he decided to control it virtually on the goal line, got himself in a muddle and smashed the ball into our own net. 🤦🏻‍♂️ They had a FK the evaded everyone and just went wide and I came for one high ball into the box, about it really, just glad to get the win. My kicking for some reason has been absolutely crap recently, not really sure why.

Kit: All Purple Nike Goalkeeper Kit.

csm_NAQ5324-547_1_e7d5a9c6e2.jpg

Boots: Adidas Predator 20.1 SG's.

adidas-predator-201-sg-p52221-444308_med

Gloves: Kaliaaer ANNIHIL8AER Positives.

annihl8aer-positive-shoklock-goalkeeper-

On 23/01/2020 at 4:47 PM, panzerbug said:

I didn't notice much difference to be honest, but then my kicking has been rubbish anyway lately.

Also in my warm up I wore the Roll Finger ANNIHIL8AER gloves and I don't know what it is as I always used to wear RF gloves, but I just cannot get on with them these days, they are just far too bulky for my liking now.

I totally agree with Roll cut. Most feel clumsy and the stitching generally digs into my hand at the bottom of the 2 middle fingers. 

One standout in this cut is the Sell's Wrap models, they have perfected the roll cut and are amazing! Would love another pair but the price i a little to steep for me.

All good things must come to an end, and on a blustery day at Tattenham Way we put in a very half arsed performance to slip to only our second League defeat of the season, 1-2 to AFC Ewell Reserves.

First half we went our usual up hill into the wind and whilst we made hard work of it, we went in at half time 0-0, mainly due to myself making about 4 or 5 crucial saves, I even got clobbered by one of my own players coming to claim a corner at one point, but we held firm and I was pleased with my performance.

Into the second half we still couldn't get out of first gear, and again wave after wave of attacks saw me make about 2 more decent saves until a let off. Again I saved from their winger low to my left, but the offside flag saved us as their forward was offside when the winger shot so his tap in was ruled out.

They took the lead after I came out to save a one on one, I got up and slid on the floor to get the second ball, eyes on the ball, their player stepped across me, penalty. Now not being funny I had already gone for the ball, I was mid slide and getting the ball when their player stepped across me, that to me is him obstructing me getting the ball? Anyway after a retake they were 0-1 up. And to be honest they could have had more, but I again had 2 or 3 saves including one from distance that swerved right in front of me that I clawed away. We equalised but to be honest it wasn't really deserved, we held on and held on trying to sneak a winner but with almost the last kick of the game, having spoke  about our poor set piece defending last week, a FK from about halfway was punted into our box, and despite both myself and Josh my CB calling to stay with your men, somehow their Centre Back found himself unmarked 12 yards out to loop the ball back across goal and into the net. 1-2. I was gutted as I played really well personally, but I have to say as a team we have had this coming for a few weeks now and it really knocks our promotion charge as we are now 4 points behind second with a game in hand.

Next week we are back in League Cup action against Alexandra United Irons (from Division 5), a team we played 4 times last season, W2, D 1, L 1, and lost 4-1 to in pre season. Hopefully we pull ourselves together and start playing our game again as we have been lucky with a few wins and I hope this loss really wakes us up as a team.

Kit: All Green Puma Goalkeeper Kit.

AJK03495-600x600.jpg

Boots: Adidas Predator 20.1 SG's.

bota-adidas-predator-20.1-sg-core-black-

Gloves: Kaliaaer ANNIHIL8AER Negative Cuts.

annihl8aer-negative-cut-goalkeeper-glove

Game off today due to the weather. Would have been nice if the ref had called it off before we travelled to the game, especially as some of our lads come from 40-45 minutes away to play.

Game off again yesterday, these fixtures are really starting to back up now. Got bottom of the table Kingston Dynamos this Sunday coming but having had two weeks off now we need to be careful.