• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weight loss

User is offline   CaledoniaKeeper 

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationScotland
Right lads the festive holidays crept up on me and I could stand to lose a few. This realisation came when I had my Hibs top on with Griffiths on the back and the bird (cheeky wee get!) said 'you should of got Garry O'Connor' I now realise a resemblance in build. Diets tend to be unsafe but I'm cutting back on the drink, and fatty foods. I vow not to go out clubbing until my long 2 month wait of turning 18! I'm not in charge of the times I eat my meals nor what the dinner usually is. I'm limited for time with lunches and breakfast so if anybody's got any healthy, quick, reasonable suggestions fire away, just keep in mind I'm not Gordon Ramsey! I'm at the gym 4 times a week with training 2 times a week on top of that. At the the gym though I'm mainly muscular endurance. This was soul destroying writing this so please no mocking! Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers.
“The joy of seeing Yuri Gagarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of a good penalty save” - Lev Yashin

User is offline   General Zod O.S.L. 

• The Immortal 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
    1000's
  • 2014-15 Conceded:Zero
  • LocationThe Phantom Zone
  • Glove of ChoiceZod 4mm Giga grip
fatty boom boom! just be sensible soccer and stay off the junk. ur already doing that gym thingy, that will help. u will soon lose it
Zod speaks + You listen = Can't go wrong!

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationScotland

View PostGeneral Zod, on 22 February 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

fatty boom boom! just be sensible soccer and stay off the junk. ur already doing that gym thingy, that will help. u will soon lose it

Pot calling the kettle black ;) Judging from what Shuyin says anyway! I've set myself the target of getting into shape by the time I leave for Zante, that's in August I think it's achievable.
“The joy of seeing Yuri Gagarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of a good penalty save” - Lev Yashin

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationScotland
For those who don't know who Garry O'Connor is...

Ps. No that isn't cheese burger grease on his shirt ;)

Posted Image

User is offline   polskakeeper 

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • 2014-15 Conceded:0
  • LocationArizona
hell no he isnt fat, and he has some nice ink.......just cut down on soda alone and the fatty burgers or fast food, that alone will help .....you can lose the weight quickly that way.......good luck to you mate
POLSKA!

User is offline   Catfish 

• Administrator
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • 2014-15 Conceded:14 (15 matches)
  • LocationVantaa, Finland
Same what the other are saying. If you are hitting the gym often then just cut back on beer, fatty foods and carbs. I know, what is the point of eating if all your favorite things are included in the previous list. It is a test of will power. Cut back on the bread and potato products and you will be fine.

User is offline   CoachKyle101 

• PipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
    Infinite... I'm the coach I don't Concede Goals!
  • LocationNorth Texas Area
  • Glove of ChoiceLanzers and J4K

View PostCaptain Jocky Scot, on 21 February 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Right lads the festive holidays crept up on me and I could stand to lose a few. This realisation came when I had my Hibs top on with Griffiths on the back and the bird (cheeky wee get!) said 'you should of got Garry O'Connor' I now realise a resemblance in build. Diets tend to be unsafe but I'm cutting back on the drink, and fatty foods. I vow not to go out clubbing until my long 2 month wait of turning 18! I'm not in charge of the times I eat my meals nor what the dinner usually is. I'm limited for time with lunches and breakfast so if anybody's got any healthy, quick, reasonable suggestions fire away, just keep in mind I'm not Gordon Ramsey! I'm at the gym 4 times a week with training 2 times a week on top of that. At the the gym though I'm mainly muscular endurance. This was soul destroying writing this so please no mocking! Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Hey man the first thing you need to understand about losing weight is that you burn more calories than you take in.

So the first thing you need to do is go to this web site and enter in your information: http://www.freedieti..._calculator.htm

Look at only the maintenance reader. That's how many calories a day you need to keep your metabolic rate up!

So, say it says 2000 Cals a day for you. You need to have a journal of some kind that you can count calories. There are many apps out there if you have an iPhone, iPad or similar device that can help you if you don't want to do it by hand.

Every time you eat keep track of how many calories that meal was. So if you go to McDonalds and eat a Big Mac, I think that's somewhere in the 500+ calorie range, you have eaten 500 calories of your given 2000 a day budget.

Now, when you work out you gain calories back. So, at the gym if you run 4 miles on the treadmill and it says you burned 500 calories you add those back to your budget.

At the end of the day you want your number to be in the black and not in the red... you don't want to owe calories. If you do this you will lose weight.

Other Tips

• It's also important that you eat more than 3 meals a day. About 5 or 6 SMALL meals a day is way better than eating 3 large meals a day. Eat say a small breakfast, a before lunch snack like an apple, a small lunch, a snack like a bannana or orange, and a small dinner. When you eat 3 large meals a day your body uses the energy it needs to survive at that moment in time and stores the rest as fat for later. By eating smaller meals you don't give your body extra energy to store. It will only have enough to burn right at that moment in time and enough to get you to the next meal.
  • Don't eat right when you get up in the morning. Your body feels hungry, but it is actually just thirsty! Eat about 30-45min. AFTER you get up. Then you will know if your body is really hungry.
  • Don't skip a meal. By skipping a meal your body slows down your Metabolism. If this happens, your body will retain food and store it as fat more often so that it has energy to for the next missed meal.
  • Drink lots of water. Especially since you're an athlete who trains. That's about all you should drink. The occasional beer or soda is ok, but one weekend of fun can undo a months worth of training and eating healthy.
  • Don't eat after 8:00pm if you work on a regular schedule. Regular I mean you go to work/school in the morning at like 7 or 8am and then go to bed around 10pm or later. By this time your body has started to slow down its metabolism for the night so that it has enough energy to maintain itself over night while you are sleeping.
  • Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. If you don't rest your body will try to hold onto every calorie it can because it thinks you will need that energy for all the extra hours of work it will be doing.
  • Eat small portions as well. If you go to a buffet to eat don't go back for 2nds and 3rds unless you absolutely need to b/c your calorie budget a day is like in the 10,000 range or something. Like I said earlier if you eat smaller but more meals a day you won't be hungry as much when you do sit down to eat.

Follow those few tips and you should lose weight pretty quickly. Remember a healthy amount to lose is 1-2 lbs. (.5-1 kg) a week. You may lose a little more in the first 2 weeks due to all the water weight you will be losing, but after that if you are losing more than 2 lbs a week its not generally healthy unless your doctor has said otherwise.

It's a lot to plan for, and scheduling these kinds of things is can be tough with a busy day, but you can eat an apple while you walk/drive somewhere, or eat a small meal in 15 min. or so. These things also take a lot of time to get used to. It takes a human roughly 66 days to form a habit... maybe longer, maybe shorter depending on who you are... so don't expect it to be easy right off the bat. Do this for a few months and it starts to become just normal life.

Good luck to you!

*Disclaimer*

I am not a doctor, nor do I claim to be one. I am just an athlete/coach/biologist that has trained my entire life. If your doctor tells you something that contrasts with what I have posted here, do what they say and not what I say. They know you better than I do. These are just suggestions as well and not a law that must be followed.

• PipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:

View PostGeneral Zod, on 22 February 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Whats wrong with the Nike gloves man?! Just hating on us Americans huh? lol :D

User is offline   General Zod O.S.L. 

• The Immortal 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
    1000's
  • 2014-15 Conceded:Zero
  • LocationThe Phantom Zone
  • Glove of ChoiceZod 4mm Giga grip

View PostCoachKyle101, on 22 February 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Whats wrong with the Nike gloves man?! Just hating on us Americans huh? lol :D

I made no mention in the quote you used of Nike gloves or americans. I can only presume you thought i meant americans from the fatty boom boom part. I meant no offence, its just an image for some unknown reason we get of americans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Zod speaks + You listen = Can't go wrong!

• PipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:

View PostGeneral Zod, on 22 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I made no mention in the quote you used of Nike gloves or americans. I can only presume you thought i meant americans from the fatty boom boom part. I meant no offence, its just an image for some unknown reason we get of americans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ha ha... no your avatar is Nike gloves with a huge cross through them. Nike is an American company. I don't take offense to anything really. We all bleed red when it comes down to it.

User is offline   DH-ONE 

• Posting Freak
  • Group: Commercial users
  • Glove of ChoiceDH-ONE
Big Nev

http://www.google.co...O-oonkBA&zoom=1

User is offline   LiamHine 

• PipPipPip
  • Glove of ChoiceReact - Adidas - DHOne
Run and eat less!

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationScotland

View PostLiamHine, on 22 February 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

Run and eat less!

Not the sort of response I was wanting, if you read my post I'm doing exactly this. Also it's not how much you eat, it's what you eat.

User is offline   RenzoAgcaoili1 

• PipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • 2014-15 Conceded:4
  • LocationParanaque
  • Glove of ChoiceMizuno , Nike , Brine
Breakfast = Eat Like a King . Lunch = Eat like a queen. Dinner = Eat like a slave.

If you eat alot during breakfast , you will be using the energy during your day with all the things you do.
If you eat maybe 2/3 only of what you ate during breakfast , you will use th energy in the remainder of the day.
IF you eat 1/3 of what you ate during breakfast , you wont be using any energy anyways when you sleep or relax , so you wont be gaining that much of fat . In fact i think y our body will be forced to use the extra fat at some point . A good way to get rid of it , with work out and regular cardio :)

(Just in my opinion , works for me :) )

Hope this helps :)
Posted Image

User is offline   polskakeeper 

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2014-15 Cleansheets:
  • LocationArizona
eat as much as you like, just burn the sh*t off.....
POLSKA!

• Posting Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationScotland
Thought I'd update you all on this, lost 8 pounds since posting this. Not that much granted, but I only need to lose about another 8 and I'm back in business B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users